At Ascent Dental Care Loughborough, we use dental implants as a simple and cost effective way to secure dentures firmly in place.
Most people find that losing their teeth is a very distressing experience. There will often be some discomfort involved and combined with the psychological effects of losing their complete dentition, patients can sometimes feel quite traumatised.
Multiple or full tooth loss, no matter what the age, can limit a person’s experience of life, the enjoyment of food and everyday things that we all take for granted.
Whilst dentures can be a great solution for missing teeth, many patients find traditional dentures bulky and embarrassing, causing frustrating problems with speech and function.
In addition, denture wearers will lose bone volume over time (your jaw bone is only present to hold your teeth in place, once tooth loss has occurred, bone volume will start to shrink away) which may lead to a change in facial form as cheeks shrink and hollow due to a lack of soft tissue support.
Implant ‘overdentures’ are a great alternative to traditional dentures
At Ascent Dental Care Loughborough, we use dental implants to simply and securely fasten your dentures in place. This treatment is known as an ‘overdenture’ and is intended for those patients seeking an affordable alternative to a full implant rehabilitation.
Many patients use our 0% finance facility to ensure to spread the cost of overdentures
What are ‘overdentures’?
This is where we use a series of 4-6 dental implants placed in strategic positions in your jaw which enable us to fix removable dentures snugly into place using either ‘press-stud’ type attachments or a metal bar. Overdentures become strong & stable and are a very comfortable alternative to traditional removable dentures.
Are ‘overdentures’ suitable for me?
- Are your dentures loose or uncomfortable?
- Do you refrain from eating the foods you love, such as apples, sandwiches, steak dinners?
- Do you rely on dentures fixatives to hold dentures in place?
- Are you self-conscious about eating in front of others?
- Have your dentures ‘slipped out’ on occasion?
- Do you avoid social situations?
- Have you noticed a change in your facial features as you being to lose bone?
- Do you find that your speech is affected by wearing dentures?
- Do you long for fixed teeth again?
If you have answered ‘Yes’ to three or more of these questions, then you are suitable for overdentures
Benefits of dental implant retained overdentures
- No more worrying about dentures being loose or floating around
- Increased self-confidence in social situations
- Provides the ability to eat and enjoy the foods that you love
- Improved nutrition and digestive function
- Slows down bone loss
- Comfortable dentures -no rubbing against gum tissue
- Improvement in speech and overall function
- A relatively speedy solution with usually just one surgical procedure
Don’t put up with loose or uncomfortable denture anymore!
At Ascent Dental Care Loughborough we are proud to offer FREE Consultations for patients considering overdentures. Simply call our friendly team to find out how our flexible approach to your dental needs could result in the smile of your dreams.
0% finance for overdenture patients
At Ascent Dental Care Loughborough we offer all patients access to our 0% finance facility, meaning patients have choice and flexibility when it comes to financing their dental needs. Bringing you closer to a more secure smile that is more affordable than you may think