Immediate dentures are temporary dentures created for patients who have experienced recent tooth loss on either or both the upper and lower jaw.
Immediate dentures guarantee that you are not left without teeth for any period of time.
If you have recently had teeth extracted, your mouth will need to heal for a few weeks before a complete/new denture can be made. In these cases, an immediate denture can be used whilst your soft tissue is healing and changing shape.
Temporary immediate dentures mean that patients do not suffer with gaps in their smile of missing teeth while their gum tissue heals, ready for their permanent dentures. Often, we can fit immediate dentures on the same day as tooth removal. As your mouth heals, the gums and bone will shrink and so we will reline the immediate denture to adjust the comfort and fit.
Benefits of immediate dentures at Ascent Dental Care Loughborough:
- It will allow for a more timely and effective adjustment to wearing dentures full -time (if this is your final treatment of choice)
- Immediate dentures allow patients time to provide feedback for their permanent denture design
- Allows time for the soft tissue to heal and any changes to shape and structure of bone and tissues
- Allow patients a fast return to normal appearance and function
- Immediate denture can be relined quickly as soon as changes to your soft tissue occur.
How are immediate dentures made?
Your denture journey will begin with an in-depth consultation to find out more about you. Often, we ask that you bring in photos of yourself with natural teeth or with a smile that you particularly like. This will help us to understand what kind of desired result you are looking for. We will also carry out an in-depth assessment of your facial form and features that will enable us to create the right size and shape of denture to suit your facial symmetry.
We offer 0% finance at Ascent Dental Care Loughborough to ensure that dentures are accessible and affordable for everyone
The whole procedure can take as little as 1 week depending on each individual case. We will normally schedule two appointments as follows:
- Assess your facial form and features
- Look at old photographs of your smile/teeth (if you have them available)
- Prior to extracting your teeth, we will take a series of impressions/molds of your existing teeth to be sent to the laboratory for the immediate denture to be constructed
- We will assess the health of the surrounding teeth (if present) to ensure they are strong enough to support the denture
- We will remove any diseased, decayed or broken teeth that are to be replaced by the immediate denture
- We will fit the immediate denture in place
- Adjust the fit until optimum comfort is achieved
- Schedule any follow-up visits to review the soft tissue and adjust/reline the denture as required.
- Give you the advice needed to look after your mouth post tooth removal
Our wonderful team understand the life-changing and transformative effects of providing a patient with new dentures. Your experience with us will be gentle, empathic, kind and discreet.
Good communication is key, and we will spend time talking with you to make sure that your new dentures surpass your expectations.
At Ascent Dental Care Loughborough we are proud to offer FREE Consultations for patients considering new or replacement dentures. Simply call our friendly team to find out how our flexible approach to your dental needs could result in the smile of your dreams.
0% finance for partial dentures
At Ascent Dental Care Loughborough we offer all patients access to our 0% finance facility, meaning patients have choice and flexibility when it comes to financing their dental needs. Bringing you closer to a beautiful smile that is more affordable than you may think.
"*" indicates required fields