Metal dentures are commonly used for patients who have previously experienced loose, plastic dentures or who, for anatomical reasons, require a real precision fit. Metal dentures are extremely tough and durable making them particularly suitable for patients with a narrow jaw/arch where previously an acrylic denture may have fractured or broken.
Metal dentures are most often constructed from titanium or cobalt/chrome, in addition they come with the option of tooth coloured clasps for those with partial dentures. The metal is a hypoallergenic material to ensure wearers do not suffer from irritation or allergies.
As with all dentures at Ascent Dental Care Loughborough, our metal dentures are custom made to fit each individual patient snugly and to last the test of time.
What are the benefits of metal dentures at Loughborough Dental?
- Because metal dentures are usually smaller than plastic dentures they do not fully cover the roof of the mouth, this in turn will create an improved taste for most denture wearers.
- Metal dentures are extremely tough and durable meaning they are less likely to break or fracture at awkward moments.
- The techniques used to construct metal dentures mean that dentures can incorporate other materials which in turn ensures they fit in the mouth well and result in the maximum amount of comfort for the wearer.
- Metal dentures are generally finer and more discreet which means the final fit is much more stable and snug.
- Tooth coloured clips can be added to partial metal dentures to increase stability
How are metal dentures made?
Your denture journey will begin with an in-depth consultation to find out more about you. Often, we ask that you bring in photos of yourself with natural teeth or with a smile that you particularly like. This will help us to understand what kind of desired result you are looking for. We will also carry out an in-depth assessment of your facial form and features that will enable us to create the right size and shape of denture to suit your facial symmetry.
The whole procedure can take from 2-4 weeks depending on each individual case. We will schedule a range of 20-30 minute appointments during which we will:
- Assess your facial form and features
- Look at old photographs of your smile/teeth (if you have them available)
- We may take photos of your existing dentures in the mouth
- We will carry out a thorough examination of your mouth and soft tissue to ensure you are healthy (including a free Oral Cancer check)
- If you are a partial denture wearer, we will assess the health of the surrounding teeth to ensure they are strong enough to support the denture
- We will take a range of impressions and molds of your mouth and teeth
- Possibly schedule a meeting with your denture technician if deemed appropriate
- Show you how to take care of your dentures at home
- Adjust the fit or reline the metal denture until optimum comfort is achieved
Our wonderful team understand the life-changing and transformative effects of providing a patient with new dentures. Your experience with us will be gentle, empathic, kind and discreet.
Good communication is key, and we will spend time talking with you to make sure that your new dentures surpass your expectations.
At Ascent Dental Care Loughborough we are proud to offer FREE Consultations for patients considering new or replacement dentures. Simply call our friendly team to find out how our flexible approach to your dental needs could result in the smile of your dreams.
0% finance for dentures
At Ascent Dental Care Loughborough we offer all patients access to our 0% finance facility, meaning patients have choice and flexibility when it comes to financing their dental needs. Bringing you closer to a beautiful smile that is more affordable than you may think.