As your child grows and develops, their teeth may need orthodontic treatment (braces) to ensure that future development enables a beautiful, straight smile. At Ascent Dental Care Loughborough, we love to see and treat children with orthodontic problems.
We believe it to be a real privilege to help our younger patients towards a straighter smile that will provide health and confidence as they approach adulthood.
The treatment of children and fitting children’s braces should be carried out carefully and by experienced clinicians as teeth, jaws and soft tissues are still growing and developing. At Loughborough Dental & Implant Centre, we highly recommend that a child’s first visit for an orthodontic assessment takes place at around the age of 7yrs old, should a problem be detected. However, every child will be assessed based on individual needs and this is by no means a cut-off point.
The experienced team at Ascent Dental Care Loughborough have many years’ experience in providing braces and orthodontics for children and young people. Our patient, kind and caring approach means that families continue to bring generations of children to our practice
Common concerns for parents can include:
- Protruding teeth
- Excessive spacing
- Lack of space for teeth to erupt
- Extra teeth or missing teeth
- Poor biting relationships between the teeth and jaws (overbite, under-bite, cross-bites)
- Abnormal eruption
- Finger and thumb sucking
- Difficulty with speech
- Early loss of teeth due to trauma
- Decay and/or poor oral Hygiene
We will carry out a comprehensive assessment of your child’s growth and development. We may also advise on:
- Breaking bad dental habits such as thumb/finger sucking
- Problems with nail biting
- Provision of protective sports guard for contact sports if required.
It is important that interceptive and proactive treatment is provided on young, growing children in order to improve a poorly developing dentition. A straighter smile and functional dentition (bite) will have a hugely positive impact on your child’s self-esteem and confidence as they enter adulthood.
Orthodontics for children really is a great investment for their future life.
As a rule of thumb, most children will be fitted with traditional fixed braces as these offer the best tried and tested results in terms of both appearance and compliance. However, for young people we are able to use many of our adult braces systems, such as:
- Six Month Smiles
- Inman Aligner
Benefits of braces for children
- A proactive approach means they enter young adulthood with confidence
- Improved self- esteem for your children
- An early approach means improved chances of long-term success
- Reduces risk of dental decay as we align teeth and make them easier to clean
- Improved cosmetic appearance
- Improved oral hygiene
- Reduces the need for more complex reparative treatment in later life
At Ascent Dental Care Loughborough we offer a comprehensive <b>FREE Straighter Smile consultation</b> alongside our <b>‘Straighter Smile Programme’<b> to include:
- Free ‘Straighter Smile consultation’
- Brace or straightening system of your choice (dependant on results of consultation)
- Cosmetic reshaping of teeth (if required)
- Retainers (designed to hold teeth in place permanently)
- Free Teeth Whitening for a beautifully natural final result (over 18 only)
At Ascent Dental Care Loughborough we offer all patients access to our 0% finance facility, meaning patients have choice and flexibility when it comes to financing their dental needs. Bringing you closer to a beautiful smile that is more affordable than you may think.
"*" indicates required fields