Although it is natural for teeth to change colour over time, it is comprehensible that living with stained or yellow teeth can be challenging.
Fortunately, there are several methods for whitening your yellow teeth. Yellow stains on your teeth are most typically found on the outermost layer of your teeth and are easily removed with whitening methods. Having your teeth professionally whitened is the most effective and safest way to get your yellow teeth white again. However, there are a variety of at-home teeth whitening products that can also help.
What can cause your teeth to turn yellow
Let us begin with what caused your teeth to turn yellow in the first place. This can happen for a variety of reasons, including:
- Drinks with staining properties, such as coffee, tea, and red wine, are consumed in large quantities.
- Smoking, one of the many drawbacks of this habit is tooth staining.
- Taking specific medications, consult your doctor if you believe this is causing your teeth to stain.
- Inadequate dental hygiene.
Certain changes in your life may help to reduce the yellow staining on your teeth. There are a few home remedies you can try as well.
First you must maintain your oral hygiene routine. Staining is much more likely if you ignore taking care of your teeth. Brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day. Every day, floss your teeth. This cleans the space between your teeth and along the gum line where staining is common.
Here are some home remedies for yellow teeth:
- Charcoal Activated Toothpaste, like regular charcoal, but it has been modified for medical purposes. If you prefer, you can brush your teeth with activated charcoal or make a mouthwash by merging the charcoal with water. However, activated charcoal can be abrasive to the gums. It can also become lodged in any small cracks in the teeth. You can also find activated charcoal toothpastes and mouthwashes at your local supermarket or pharmacy.
- Whitening Rinses, whitening rinses are another option for people who have yellow or stained teeth. Whitening rinses contain oxygen sources such as hydrogen peroxide, which reacts with the compounds of stained teeth to assist in stain removal. These whitening rinses should be used according to the directions on the package. The outcome depends on how badly stained or yellow the teeth are. Many people have reported that their teeth have become 1-2 shades whiter.
Although many people claim that these processes improve the colour of their teeth, their effectiveness has not been scientifically proven.
Professional assistance with yellow teeth
Patients can have their teeth whitened and stains removed by dental professionals. Highly effective methods can be used to remove the staining whilst protecting the health of your teeth.
For the quickest method of getting rid of yellow teeth, stain removal can be integrated with teeth whitening. Your dentist can also make you a personalised mouth guard to use for home bleaching, as well as the necessary products and directions to get the desired results without any damage that can be caused by unregulated, over the counter products.
A quick way to whiten your teeth is to visit the dentist, who can use a strong bleaching agent. A qualified dentist should always perform this type of bleaching.
Teeth whitening is not appropriate for everyone. You will be unable to receive treatment if you have certain conditions, such as gum disease. If you want to have your teeth whitened, your dentist will go over all the choices available with you and put a plan in place to correct any dental problems first.
Ascent Dental Care can help you get rid of yellow teeth.
If you want to see results quickly, we advise getting to a dental office to get your yellow teeth white again.
Ascent Dental Care’s dental professionals are happy to discuss how you can prevent yellow tooth staining at home. You can also schedule a stain removal, teeth whitening, or both. For the best results, we recommend combining a professional hygiene treatment, stain removal, and whitening. Contact Ascent Dental Care if you want to get rid of your yellow teeth.
Check out our teeth whitening page to gain more information.